Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
Scooping the slimy seeds from the center of a pumpkin and eating them toasted is a kid favorite!
Pumpkin seeds are a rich source of Magnesium which creates and maintains bone density, plays a role in energy production, maintains nervous system balance, normalizes chronic inflammation, and helps with blood sugar control.
- Seperate seeds from pumpkin flesh.
- Place seeds in bowl of water and swish around to remove any remaining guts.
- Strain seeds through colander.
- Heat skillet to 320-360.
- Add seeds (if teaching in classroom, this is a great time to discuss Steam)
- Toast seeds for 5-15 minutes, until shell color turns golden brown.
- In a mixing bowl, add a pinch of salt, two pinches of sugar, 2-3 shakes of cinnamon and mix.
- Add a teaspoon or 2 of olive oil to spices.
- Toss seeds in spice/oil mix and serve when cool.