Garden Spring Rolls
This perfect finger food is an easy way to give your students a chance to try several veggies in a fun roll.
Radishes are a rich source of Vitamin C.
2-3 radishes, julienned
1-2 bell peppers, julienned
1-2 cucumbers, julienned
Fresh basil, cut into long strips
Other vegetables such as tomatoes or avocados make good additions
Shallow pan/baking dish
- Harvest the vegetables from the garden. Wash and dry the vegetables.
- Break the rice paper in half, and soak them in water in a shallow pan until soft, about 2 minutes.
- While these are soaking, julienne/chop the vegetables and tear the lettuce into rice-paper sized pieces.
- When the vegetables are ready, lay them out on paper plates, and line the rice paper with pieces of lettuce.
- Fill with a small amount of vegetables, drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt, roll them up and enjoy!
Note that to julienne means to cut into long, thin strips, that look like matchsticks. Here is a how-to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YU1IBLypo0