We are excited to invite you to apply for a special grant to win a Captain Planet Foundation Project Learning Garden® through a partnership with Boxed, DOLE® Packaged Foods, and the Captain Planet Foundation.
The competition is open to state-accredited elementary (grades K-5) schools located in the 48 contiguous states. Three (3) grand prize winners will be selected.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY May 19, 2018.
Captain Planet Foundation’s (CPF) Project Learning Garden Program offers schools strategies for building effective and long-lasting garden-based learning programs. Gardens provide a context for multi-disciplinary learning in subjects across the curriculum. See below for more detailed information on Project Learning Garden. Please complete the following application to the best of your abilities for a chance to win the Project Learning Garden Program for your school!
Click here to download or view the Official Rules.
Project Learning Gardens Program includes:
- For each Winning School [who DOES NOT currently have a garden onsite], they will receive a prize consisting of a garden installation, Learning Garden program materials (including a Mobile Cooking Cart, standards-based lessons, garden signs, and lesson supply kits) and teacher professional development.
- For each Winning School [who DOES currently have a garden onsite], they will receive a prize worth $500 in garden improvement items (as determined in a collaboration between Captain Planet Foundation Learning Garden Manager, Alysa Moore and the Winning School’s Garden Contact), Learning Garden program materials (including a Mobile Cooking Cart, standards-based lessons, garden signs, and lesson supply kits) and teacher professional development.
Students involved in school gardens benefit by:·
- Expanding their palates, taste-testing healthy foods, and learning about food origins
- Engaging in authentic science field investigations
- Manipulating the environment to understand math in real-life applications
- Recreating historical activities
- Writing across all disciplines
Boxed was founded in 2013 by an experienced group of tech pioneers with a simple idea: make shopping for bulk easy, convenient and fun, so you can focus on the things that really matter. Today, we’re delivering joy across the country with every order. Please visit www.boxed.com for more information.
Dole Packaged Foods, LLC is a world leader in growing, sourcing, distributing and marketing fruit and healthy snacks. Dole sells a full-line of packaged ambient fruit, frozen fruit, dried fruit, and juices. The company focuses on four pillars of sustainability in all of its operations: water management, carbon footprint, soil conservation and waste reduction. For more information please visit dolesunshine.com or doleintlcsr.com.
Note: Before you are able to submit the application, you will be asked to upload a signed copy of the Project Learning Garden Letter of Agreement as signed by your school’s Principal. Please complete this step before you begin the application.
If you have problems completing this form, please contact
Alysa Moore at email@example.com.