Veggie Thai Lettuce Wraps
Teach your students how they can combine many items from the garden into one tasty dish with an Asian touch.
Romaine lettuce is a rich source of Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Molybdenum & Folate.
4 whole green onions, thinly sliced
1 medium cucumber
1 median carrot
2 large radishes, thinly sliced
1 head of butter lettuce
2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar
1 whole lime (juiced)
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp coriander
Knives or cutters
- Thinly slice the onion, cucumber, carrot and radishes
- Place 4 lettuce leaves on serving place
- Toss sliced veggies in with the lime juice, vinegar, ground ginger, and coriander
- Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves
This same process can be used for Lettuce Tacos:
- Anything from the garden can be added to a lettuce taco!
- For variety add different vegetables, spices, and sauces into lettuce tacos
- Ex: Tomato, mozzarella, pesto in a lettuce taco
Peppers, garlic, feta cheese in a lettuce taco