“In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught.”
-Baba Dioum, conservationist, Senegal, Africa
The mission of the Captain Planet Foundation is to give the next generation of environmental stewards an active understanding and love for the natural world in which they live. Our unique program of funding and supporting hands-on environmental projects is designed to encourage innovative initiatives that inspire and empower children and youth around the world as they work individually and collectively creating environmental solutions in their homes, schools and communities.
- CPF has worked with organizations who serve children in all 50 U.S. states and over 23 countries.
- CPF-funded projects have directly impacted over 1.1M youth around the globe.
- CPF has funded over 1,800 projects.
- CPF grantees have recycled over 100 tons of waste that was bound for overcrowded landfills.
- CPF has established over 750 outdoor classrooms, organic gardens, pollinator gardens, learning trails, native habitats, and/or fruit orchards.
- CPF has leveraged millions of dollars to help our grantees monitor, restore, and maintain hundreds of miles of rivers and streams; restore acres of wetlands, forests and prairies; and take action to clean local parks and neighborhoods making them a healthier place to play and thrive.
- CPF’s grants have helped thousands of schools and community organizations launch organic pollinator gardens to address the growing concern over the disappearance of vital pollinators, vegetable gardens to provide healthy food options in the cafeteria, and native plant gardens to help students understand the importance of native flora and fauna.